Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Luv will never do a Khamosh act: Shatrughan Sinha

Politician-actor Shatrughan Sinha advises his son Luv on work and life at the cusp of stardom.
Are you apprehensive about your son’s movie debut, Sadiyaan?When I passed out of FTII, I didn’t have a godfather. I was puzzled how I would land any work and eventually, succeed in life. Someone gave me a mantra: originality never fails. I passed it on to my son and I’m proud he has taken the lesson well. He’s original in his style and approach. So, I am confident of his work.
But I’m sure ‘Khamosh’ will be a tough act to follow? (Laughs) My son will never do a Khamosh act. I’ve taught him to either be better than his contemporaries or different from them. Today, a lot of people imitate my Khamosh style everywhere. But I don’t mind it. I just don’t want my son to copy me. I’d want him to have a style of his own. Over the years, people have loved me as an artiste and a politician. That has humbled me. I have learnt to be polite and firm. I want him to have these traits.
How much did you guide him on Sadiyaan?
Raj Kanwar, his co-stars Rekhaji, Hemaji (Hema Malini) and Rishi Kapoor have been his guides. After watching this film no one will say that he has copied me. He comes across as a confident newcomer without a hint of his father’s personality.
Didn’t you want to launch your son?
I’ve never tried to impose my decisions on him. He had a choice. I could have launched him. But he found work on his own. And I appreciate that. Tomorrow, if he wants, I will produce a film for him.
What do you think of his childhood friends, Esha and Ahana Deol, Hema Malini and Dharamendra’s daughters?
They were very cute as kids. They would call my sons “Luv-Kush” as if it was one person’s name.
They often made a trip to my house, Ramayan. Ahana was the quieter kid, Esha indulged in pranks. If my sons gave her a tough time, she’d complain to me. And if she troubled them, they’d complain to their Dharam uncle and Hema aunty. They’ve both grown up and have inherited the best from their parents.
Apparently, you were not happy about the Women’s Reservation Bill?
I’m much above all these things. I was the first in my generation of actors to enter politics and survive in it for long. I have been committed to it.  And as a responsible politician, I feel Hemaji deserves what she’s got and deserves a lot more than just that. She’s genuine, a hard worker and someone with a clean image.
Would you want to see your son enter politics?
Only if he wants to, though I’d love to guide him into the field.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails