Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

I don’t have 3 am friends: Kajal

In an interview with Hyderabad Times, Tollywood screen scorcher Kajal Agarwal talks about coping with stardom, Bollywood and her long term plans....

You have quite a few films releasing this year ...
Yes, that’s right. On principle, I work on five to six films a year. My next to hit the screens will be Darling. As a character I exist in the actor’s imagination and in real life as well. So, it’s like a dual role for me. I’ve always been cautious about the kind of films I do. I wanted to establish myself as a good actor first. After Magadheera, I’ve been receiving scripts by the dozen, but I have to turn them down as I can’t act in all the movies.

How do you turn them down without running the risk of being labelled pricey?
Irrespective of what I do and what I don’t, people will talk about me. So I have learnt to take it in my stride. When a director or producer approaches you, he does so because he has envisioned you in the character. No one can take no for an answer. But I have no choice but turn them down.

Any B-Town aspirations?
I have received offers from the Hindi film industry, but I don’t want to do a Hindi film when it has nothing solid to offer me. I prefer to consolidate myself down South. But it doesn’t mean I wouldn’t do a Hindi film. I’ve grown up in a Punjabi household and doing a Hindi film will be in my comfort zone.

Does your remuneration fluctuate with every box office outing?
It’s really sad that an actor’s success is measured not by films but by the amount of money he/she earns. I’ve never been into the money game. But yes, getting big money makes me feel good. As far as the other financial aspects are concerned my dad handles everything.

You are quite tall by leading lady standards ...
Yes, while working with some actors, I do have to wear flats. But while working with actors like Prabhas who is 6’2” I walk around the sets in my heels. I just love my heels!


Do you believe in the number game?
This whole thing about being No. 1 or No.2 is beyond my understanding. The industry has space for everyone. At the end, doing good work is what matters the most.

You’ve worked with a number of top stars. Who are you friends with?
I have a great working relationship with every one of my co-stars. But I don’t have a 3 am friend nor do I chat with them daily. But when I meet them again, it’s like old times.

Do you miss having someone special in your life?
Isn’t it sad (laughs)? When I see young girls of my age group having fun, I feel sad for myself. I’m so caught up with work that there isn’t time to indulge in stuff like that. But I keep telling myself that at the right time and right place, I will find someone. Till that time, I’m happy working.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails