Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Ajay’s role play

Ajay Gehi, who plays Vibhishan in Mani Ratnam’s Raavan, almost went unnoticed during the film’s music release last Saturday.

Ajay looked so different from the way he looks in Raavan that co-actors Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Bachchan, and even director Mani Ratnam, failed to recognise him. Blame it on the fact that Ajay looked completely different from his bald and moustachio avatar in Raavan.

The entire cast and crew walked up to the stage on Aishwarya’s request. But when Ajay walked up and greeted Mani Ratnam, the director completely cold shouldered him as he didn’t recognise him. When Ajay introduced himself to Mani, the latter could not believe his eyes.

Ajay was in for some more embarrassment when he greeted Abhishek who also failed to recognise his on-screen brother.

Ajay confirms and says, “Yes, it was very surprising. Mani sir didn’t recognise me at all and when I told him it was indeed me, he asked me about my missing moustache. Abhishek too hugged me on stage when I told him it was me. It's nice to be recognised as my character but I hope that I don't go unnoticed.”

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails